Deadly Sins Eating Habits of A This College Student:
- Panini topped with Sour Cream & Onion chips (noms x10)
- Eating straight from the pint of Ben & Jerry’s froyo (
no shamelots and lots of shame)
- Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds – dry – after hitting the gym (epitome of logic)
- Rice Krispies for breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Pizza after midnight
- Frozen Back to Nature Fudge Mint Cookies (better than Thin Mints!)
- Daily square of Lindt Touch of Sea Salt Dark Chocolate (addicted, much?)
Twas a healthy year, indeed. (Let’s not even talk about finals week…)
I suppose that’s why, since coming home, I’ve tried to make a few healthy substitutions here and there when baking. (Even if I then negate cutting back on butter or oil by slathering said baked goods in cream cheese frosting. I repeat: epitome of logic.)
Today we’re making brownies. In case you forgot, brownies inspired the name of TMB and I’ve made quite a few of them. Remember the first post - Dark Chocolate Brownies with Pretzel-Almond Topping? These Cherry Garcia Brownies? Those Ina Garten Outrageous Brownies? Yum!
These brownies are everything that a brownie should be – chocolaty, chewy, fudgey, and all-around indulgent. The beets keep these brownies nice and moist, while also adding a bit of a fruity (almost raspberry-like) undertone and of course a hint of beautiful (and natural) red color. The cream cheese frosting is incredibly simple, creamy, tangy, and the perfect accent for the brownies.
Head over to The Next Great Generation for the recipe!